Favors

Candle favors?

Thoughts on giving votive candles as favors? I was thinking of something like in the below link, or just buying the votives and putting them in organza bags. The votives would just be plain glass (not personalized with our names) with white or ivory wax. Do you think most men would just leave these on the table? We will be having a decent amount of single guys who may or may not bring dates. Thanks!

http://www.americanbridal.com/votive-candle-favor-17396.html
Valerie512

Re: Candle favors?

• I think most men AND women will leave them. I love candles, but candle scents are very personal (are these even scented?), and most people have very little use for votives. You're better off going with something edible. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • They would be unscented, but I understand your point! The other option I was debating was chocolate covered Oreos. :-)
    Valerie512
  • Chocolate covered Oreos! Chocolate covered Oreos! Chocolate covered Oreos! Chocolate covered Oreos! Chocolate covered Oreos!

Seriously, no contest at all here and if I was a guest I would send my DH to get me a drink so I could steal his!  Skip the candle.
  • Yep. No contest. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Ditto PPs - no contest between the Oreo and the candle.  The Oreo always wins.
    Anniversary

• edited February 2013
    I love the oreos idea. I have even seen where you can personalize them. I think between the oreos and the votives. Its a hands down win for the oreos. If you like the idea of the personalized oreos, let me know. I think I can find the link. Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards