Favors
Options

Unique ideas?

FI and I don't really want to do the typical chocolates in a fancy box or jar favors. We want something different that at least somewhat ties into our theme, and is not outrageously pricey. We're doing a starry night theme with an 8:30 pm ceremony. I can't, for the life of me, think of the perfect favor to go with this. I was thinking maybe using candles to triple as place setting cards, favors, and lighting (it's going to be an outdoor reception in a tent, but we really want to use as many dollar store candles for lighting as we can). Any thoughts on this or other ideas?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Unique ideas?

• Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely do something edible, or at least "consumable."   Chocolates don't have to be fancy or in a box, you can put them in a small plastic favor bag, tulle bag, paper bag, etc.   I don't think it necessarily has to go with your theme.  In fact, as a guest I'd rather get a favor that I could eat/drink/use up, than some weird thing that I would throw away, but fits the theme.

Also, I've bee to several weddings that just didn't have favors, and it was no big deal.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_unique-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:fcd74c1d-f9ad-48ac-9a7a-cd9d5d6cae71Post:20fdbabc-8a7a-4fa5-8007-b5eb08fd94df">Unique ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I don't really want to do the typical chocolates in a fancy box or jar favors. We want something different that at least somewhat ties into our theme, and is not outrageously pricey. We're doing a starry night theme with an 8:30 pm ceremony. I can't, for the life of me, think of the perfect favor to go with this. I was thinking maybe using candles to triple as place setting cards, favors, and lighting (it's going to be an outdoor reception in a tent, but we really want to use as many dollar store candles for lighting as we can). Any thoughts on this or other ideas?
    Posted by lyssagalee[/QUOTE]

Telescopes? You can add your own "starry night" design.
    <a href="http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/search/processRequest.do?Ntt=telescope&x=0&y=0&requestURI=searchMain&Ntk=all&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&N=0" rel="nofollow">http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/search/processRequest.do?Ntt=telescope&x=0&y=0&requestURI=searchMain&Ntk=all&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&N=0</a>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about sugar cookies shaped like stars?
    I'm a Mrs & My Honeymoon Memory
    imageimage
    Wedding Items For Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we donated money to Feed the Children instead of buying party favors...our guests really seemed to appreciate it.
  • Options
    slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you don't want something to eat (I don't blame you..you spend enough on food..cake and ice cream why do they need a candy favor too?)
    I would do glow sticks! They are perfect for pictures for later ceremonies when it is under the stars and kids love them. Adults will be less than thrilled but you'd be surpised at the amount of adults that would wear the glow bracelets! Plus all favors get thrown out anyway the next day so it's something that would tie into the wedding.
    You can buy them in bulk at oriential trading.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_unique-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:fcd74c1d-f9ad-48ac-9a7a-cd9d5d6cae71Post:0881910e-c871-4a9f-965d-c052366cf40d">Re: Unique ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you don't want something to eat (I don't blame you..you spend enough on food..cake and ice cream why do they need a candy favor too?) I would do glow sticks! They are perfect for pictures for later ceremonies when it is under the stars and kids love them. Adults will be less than thrilled but you'd be surpised at the amount of adults that would wear the glow bracelets! Plus all favors get thrown out anyway the next day so it's something that would tie into the wedding. You can buy them in bulk at oriential trading.
    Posted by slpankuch[/QUOTE]

I think glow sticks are a great idea! And obviously for the photo above they make for some awesome photos.
  • Options
    vondaleevondalee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh, what a GREAT idea... a starry night! I have seen sparklers also... I just googled wedding sparklers and the first site came up.
    My wedding will be late afternoon or early evening with an inside reception so sparklers or glow sticks prolly won't work for me... :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards