Flowers

x post- cost of flowers? I have no clue! please help!

I love flowers and went to my regular florist for my wedding, because I know she is good and knows my style.  We got our quote back and FI thinks it is outrageous, but I don't have a clue about what these things cost.  My bouquet is $250.  The centerpieces are $125, and we went with manzinita branches with 6 roses which I knowis expensive.  My girl said that the avg centerpiece price is $125.  She is def willing to work with us to reduce costs, and we are getting another quote, but I figured I would ask you experts, what did you pay for centerpieces and your bouquet, and what was in there?
I don't want to cheap out because I love flowers, and I really like the idea of going with someone I trust, but we also don't want to be breaking the bank.  Thanks so much for your input!
Noelle
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: x post- cost of flowers? I have no clue! please help!

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flower costs will vary by area, and also depend on what you are using, the amount, etc.  I did all rose bouquets and roses, lillies and hydgrangea for centerpieces.  My bouquet was $150 and my centerpieces $65 (low arrangements, but lots of flowers) and my big centerpiece on my head table was $95.  This was in  Nov. 2009.  Those prices do seem a little high maybe but not much.

Get a couple of more quotes and also ask the girls on your local board what they are generally paying to get a better idea.
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Get some other quotes to compare. I think that's a little high.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those prices are actually comparable to what I got from 3 different florists. (I e-mailed several others whose prices were actually much higher). These were prices I received for rather full and large centerpieces without any foliage:

Bouquet= ~$200-250
    Low centerpieces= ~$95
    High centerpieces= ~$125-225
    imageAnniversary
  • CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from right outside of NYC, in NJ.  If you're also in that area, those prices are pretty normal.

Perhaps you can mix up the table arrangements and have some that are high and some that are low?  I've seen this done on a few wedding blogs and the rooms looked great.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_x-post-cost-of-flowers-clue-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:0ae1d9b6-b351-4180-8d8c-87b6d48c5294Post:9784da0f-e355-4bf4-b4ba-bf5578c2807d">Re: x post- cost of flowers? I have no clue! please help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm from right outside of NYC, in NJ.  If you're also in that area, those prices are pretty normal. Perhaps you can mix up the table arrangements and have some that are high and some that are low?  I've seen this done on a few wedding blogs and the rooms looked great.
    Posted by CvilleClaire[/QUOTE]

I am from that area- north jersey.  I was wondering about that- our girl suggested it but I was not sure how it would look.  I will have to look for some pictures.

thanks everyone!
    Noelle
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards