Flowers
Options

Rose Petals

According to an online site, I need approximately 64 cups of petals to line my aisle.Unfortuantely, I forgot to order them, and dont want to pay rush shipping fees.  Im considering running to the supermarket the night before at just buying roses and twisting them off myself that morning.  My question is, how many dozen roses do I need to make 64 cups of petals?  And if your a florist, does 64 cups sound right for a 30 foot aisle, just lined with a rose border?TIA!

Re: Rose Petals

• Options
    alivesoonalivesoon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think 64 cups are just for sprinkling the petals down the aisle if you want to fully cover the aisle you would probably need like 6000 rose petals which is 125-150 roses. there are online sites like www.fiftyflowers.com that can deliver petals from Monday to Thursday!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Actually, I just plan on just making a border with the petals... As for the fiftyflowers, I read on a few site they need to be delived the day before the wedding and my wedding is on a Sunday, and no one seems to deliver on Saturdays.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom and I made my bouqet on Thursday, and it still looked perfect on Saturday.    What about having fiftyflowers deliver petals on Friday?   If you kept them in a cool, dark place, I think they will still be in good shape on Sunday.   Personally, I think the last thing you want to do is make your own rose petals on your wedding day, unless you have a lot of help.
  • Options
    wildangel2189wildangel2189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have access to a refrigerator you can have your petals delivered on Friday and they should keep until Sunday.
  • Options
    ClaudiainloveClaudiainlove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got our petals on Thursday and the wedding was on Saturday, we kept them inside the refrigerator (not  the freezer) and they where great we didn't order from fifty flowers we ordered from theflowerexchange.com they are  sheaper. Good luck!!!:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards