Flowers
Options

Flower Color Help

Hi I am getting married May 29, 2010. My BM's are going to be in cornflower blue. I was thinking that  would carry hot pink gerber daisies.  People are telling me that they should have blue flowers.  So I guess my question is, do they need to have blue flowers or is it alright to have pink flowers as long as the pink and blue compliment each other?

Re: Flower Color Help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think hot pink gerbera daisies would look amazing up against the blue dresses. The flowers will really pop, because the colors will contrast beautifully. It's your day, so do whatever your heart desires! Best wishes and happy planning!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hot Pink and Ivory would balance everything out... the blue flowers would blend in and would be too..bluey?? lol
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are few blue flowers. Flowers can be dyed, but they look very garish and unnatural. Better to go with a contrasting color. Pink is fine with blue, either solid pink, or pink and white. White, or yellow would also look good.
  • Options
    jmorri26jmorri26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unless you want those same ol clusters of blue hydrangeas every blue themed bride seems to love, don't go blue flowers. Its your wedding and it has to look good to YOU. YOU like pink, go pink. It'll look great.
  • Options
    iloveu4everiloveu4ever member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is your wedding. I have my bridesmaids either carrying white or mixture of white and red. Do what you want. I think it will look cute :)

• Options
    MadeOfAwesomeMadeOfAwesome member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My BMs are also going to be in cornflower.  The flowers I'm using are shasta daisies as my main flower, a little bit of blue delphinium, and a splash of hot pink thrown in somewhere.  I'll probably have some other small white flowers as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Alley2bAlley2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My BM's are wearing Pool Blue dresses, and I am having soft pink bouquets. I too think the contrast will really catch the eyes. (in a good sorta way) Your idea for flowers sounds great! Dana
  • Options
    krystalxyzkrystalxyz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing cornflower blue and hot pink too :) But I'm also going to use a few other shades of blue. I love star gazer lilies and I think blue irises are beautiful. I'm not sure how I'm going to spin it, but I would love to see what you do!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards