Flowers

EXTREMLY allergic

So my wedding colors are two shades of purple. Unfortunatly I'm deathly allergic to lavander and lilacs and many other flowers. I'm currently thinking of hydrangas, but they're a tad pricey so they would only be good for my bouque. I would like some flowers for centerpieces and the like, but I'm afraid of having to resort to fake flowers.Any ideas???

Re: EXTREMLY allergic

• edited December 2011
    Roses, sweet peas, freesia. I love purple and my girls will wear purple, but most of my flowers will be pink, green, and white.
  • edited December 2011
    I think freesia, that pp suggested, actually tend to bother allergies? Check out this story: http://www.eagletribune.com/pulife/local_story_363012445.html?keyword=secondarystory They suggest lilies, tea roses, and orchids - since they're not pollinated by insects, they have a lower pollen count. I think some sort of purple or white colored orchid would look lovely. Another option would be purple alstromeria - I think they are in the lily family. And, bonus, they're cheap!
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lilipollenlilipollen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi most commerically grown roses have very little scent. In lave try "cool water". There are also some beatiful carns in 3 shades of purple and lave.  Stock is a great flower in purple and lave. It has a look like hydrangea when used short, and is less expensive. It does have a  scent so you might try picking up a stem or two from your local florist and see how you react to it. Orchids are very nice as they do not have any scent but the colors are not always a true lave or purple color.      
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Many flowers come in purple. Roses, hydrangeas, pom poms, alstromerias (Peruvian lilies), stock, snapdragon, or a filler flower called statice. Maybe peonies or dahlias. Lavender roses don't have much scent, and can be paired with a deep/vivid purple statice as filler.
  • DuckyKissyDuckyKissy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys for the ideas. I never heard about some of these flowers..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards