Flowers
Options

Fall Flower Dilemma

I'm getting married in the fall. I love the fall with the leaves and the crisp air but i don't like any of the flowers. I'm going to have an array of colors: red, pink and orange. My dress is white and pink. The bridesmaids will be in chocolate brown.  I'm leaning towards Calla Lillies since they are available all year. I really like Gerber Daisies however they are not in season. Do you think I should do an array of flowers ex. callas and chrysathemums or just stick with all callas. If anyone has any other suggestions for flowers please share them. Thanks.

Re: Fall Flower Dilemma

• Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can order callas and gerbers any time of year, so don't worry too much about being "in season" on those flowers. I see them used for fall flowers all the time. You can get them in reds, pinks, and oranges too. Gerbers look great in WP flowers, but need lots of water, and the heads tend to droop or sit at odd angles. The mums are plentiful and cheap, and last well, but some of them come in clusters that are harder to work with for bouquets with longers stems. Those kind make great filler flowers or for bouts and corsages. But I agree, as a main flowers, they are kind of .... ordinary or blah for a bouquet. Callas are beautiful, elegant. They don't come in a vast array of colors, but there is some variety. The minis are much, much easier to work with in WP flowers. The stems on the regular sized ones are HUGE.
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also like the look of all or mostly callas, or all or mostly gerbers. But I have seen just a few used with mixed flowers, and it always looks just fine. But I don't really care for just those two flowers mixed together.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally hate mums, I think they are plain, old lady flowers. I love mini callas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cala lilies do come in a variety of colors. I have seen yellows, oranges, reds, deep reds, purple, wine. etc. I'm getting in married in 2 days! In my bouquet will be dark red cala lilies, light tea green orchids with red splash of color in the middle, green tea roses, and fiddlehead ferns. It is going to look awesome! It all depends what style you want. If you are going for elegant, I would definitely pick the calas. The gerber daisies are beautiful, but they are more of an everday flower. They don't seem quite dressy enough. But that is just my opinion. Calas can be expensive, but you will have awesome pictures!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dahlias are a very pretty fall flower too! They come in a variety of colors. Check out the flower section here on the knot. There are some awesome ideas! They have a fall section too. And you can pick a certain color scheme of flower. This is where I got all my ideas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards