Flowers
Options

I need opinions....

So I'm sitting here at work thinking about the bouquets for my wedding. My wedding colors are lilac and and sky blue.. but I really want pink stargazer lilies for my bouquet so I'm not necessarily matching mine to my colors... here's what I was thinking... for mine: pink stargazer lilies, white roses, pink carnations, and white feathers. for my bridesmaids: blue carnations and white tulips what do you think? I think they'll look pretty.....
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I need opinions....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    p.s. our wedding is going to be at the end of march
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that sounds fine- is it really going to matter if they match perfectly? (That said- I personally might have them match a little more, just my preference even if it doesn't matter, you know? I'd use white roses instead of tulips in your BM bouquets, so at least you have the same KIND of flowers, if not the same colors-scheme, yeah?)
    Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure how I feel about blue carnations...  With the mixture you're talking about, I'd probably go with pink carnations in the girls bouquets... pull in blue/lilac with the ribbon wrap around the handle. 
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with crazyDC. I think blue carnations will look very cheap, I think pink is a much better option.
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd stick with pink, white, and lilac colored flowers. There are few naturally occuring blue flowers that are suitable for wedding flowers, so I'd steer clear of them and go with contrasting colors. Whether they are real or silk, blue carnations are very unnatural looking.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I have re-thought my original thought.... haha. Now I am thinking... for mine: white stargazer lilies, white roses, purple roses, and blue hydrangeas. for my bridesmaids: white tulips, purple tulips, and lilacs thoughts??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    glitzmissglitzmiss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First, what style bouquet do you want? Hand tied or cascade?  The pink stargazers are beautiful!   Are you set on having the carnations?  If not, I would suggest maybe  hydrangeas (huge variety of colors).The blue/purple color hues are very pretty...and inexpensive. I also suggest gerber daisies. Seriously, they have a wide range of sizes and colors. Also, possibly iris as an accent.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards