Flowers

Bouquets

So- I am trying to get ideas for bouquets and I am just not sure how to go about it??  Should the maids bouquets match mine?  How do you figure out complementing flowers?  (

Here's what I am trying to take into consideration....

1. My colors are black/ivory/light pink/light green
2. My favorite flower is Pink Carnation
3. I have totally fallen in love with using just Baby's Breath as a bouquet
4. I also adore hydrangeas

Would it look weird to have my maids carry Baby's Breath bouquets (their dresses will be black, adn I think it will be a nice contrast and tie in soem of the green that I having as my color scheme) and for me to carry and mix of carnations (mostly pink) and baby's breath?  Would it look weird if we all carried Baby's Breath only- my bouquet being larger than my maids? 
Photobucket March 2011 September Siggy Challenge FAVORITE MOVIE BIO updated 8/15 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bouquets

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you using a florist?

Yes, then talk to them about your concerns.  That's what you're paying them for.

No, then I think the baby's breath would look fine but I wouldn't pair it with carnations.  I think that carnations bunched tightly together look very nice.  Either way they would look great but I wouldn't combine them in one bouquet.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • TimsGirl10TimsGirl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No- we will be doing the flowers ourselves.
    Photobucket March 2011 September Siggy Challenge FAVORITE MOVIE BIO updated 8/15 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dzBridgiedzBridgie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the baby's breath tightly bunched will look beautiful.  I have seen it in a few pictures when I was looking for bouquet ideas as well.  Good luck!:)
    Love, Dreams and Beautiful Blessings Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think green hydrangeas, white peonies, and pink carnations would be pretty. You could have the BMs carry either baby's breath or a bouquet with 2 hydrandeas and the peonies/carnations. The mom's could also carry smaller bouquets of baby's breath.

Hydrangea blooms are bigger so it would give you a fuller look without having to purchase a ton of stems. Also, These flowers are easier to DIY.

It would look something like this. They used a lighter hydrangea.

Anniversary
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Baby's breath is pretty and feminine, either mixed with other flowers, or on it's own. 

The only problem I have with using a lot of baby's breath, is that it smells bad to me, lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards