Flowers

Flowers matching bridesmaids dresses?

I am going the fake flower route and I was wondering if you are matching the bouquets or the color accents in the bouquets to the girls dresses? I found some flowers and they are just a tad off from the color of the girls dresses. Will it be noticeable do you think? Or just go with it?
Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development

Re: Flowers matching bridesmaids dresses?

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it all going to be that one color?  It probably won't be noticable if it's not that off.  If you're doing more than one color then it won't be noticable at all.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    You do not have to worry on matching the bouquets or the color accents in the bouquets to the girls dresses because most of the weddings I have attended is not really matching the colors at all. To give you an examples please take a look at this wedding pictures from different weddings... Laughing

http://blog.bridesview.com/
    Bridesview
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Matching the flowers to the dresses provides no contrast in the pictures.   I like contrast.
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Magdala...if you are going to match the flowers to the dresses then what is the point of the flowers?  They will just blend right in with the dress and you won't even notice them in pictures.  It is fine to use a few flowers with the same color but I would definitely add in some accent colors to make the bouquets pop off the dress.

• edited December 2011
    As a floral designer, I tell you this.  You need a contrast.  White and pink, white and green etc.  You need white as a background, to bring out the colour you are going to use.  I wouldn't try to match the dresses, there are no natural flowers that colour.  Bunches Bob
    Bunches Bob "Have Fun With Those Blooms"
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your suggestions. The bouquets are going to be white with blue accent flowers. I didn't think it would make much difference, but not seeing them up against the dress yet I have no idea what it will look like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First of all, it's hard to match an exact shades between dresses and flowers, especially with blue flowers.  There are just not many naturally blue flowers found in nature.

Second, if the flowers are the same color as the dress, they won't show up in photos, and it looks less stylish if they are too "matchy-matchy.

Try using other colors that contrast with the BM dresses, or that make a nice compliment.  If the blue BM dresses in your post is the color blue you are trying to match, then maybe one of these combinations:

white/ivory flowers with a mix of yellow and orange for a bright, modern look.  

Orange and hot pink for a tropical flair:

Or my favorite I think would be simple white and light green flowers:

• Bett2012Bett2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My BMs have blue dresses and the flowers are daisies... absolutely no blue in the bouquet... just white, yellow and green :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards