Flowers

Single flower bouquets for bridesmaids

I was thinking to use a single flower instead of a full bouquet for my bridesmaids. I was thinking of using maybe a single calla lilly or a sunflower. My wedding is in May and my only concern is sunflowers are a fall flower but my fiance loves them and would love if we used them. Anyone have any suggestions, pictures, ideas?
Vacation Anniversary PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Single flower bouquets for bridesmaids

• I am also doing single flower bouquets for my bridemaids and MOH.  they will actually be carrying a single white rose with a red ribbon at the base of the flower bud... (red is our accent color)  I think it is simple and easy.  The sun flowers sound awesome.  Have you asked the florist about the possibility of using the sunflowers...

here is my inspiration picture for my girls... ( we are having a casual wedding)

• PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    I think single flowers look lonely and unfinished.  Sunflowers are very big and inexpensive, if you used three together, you'd have a substantial bouquet.
  • You should be able to get them.

Just tie a shoelace bow around them and they will fit pefectly.

Your other option is a viking mum, which is tiny "sunflowers" which can be made into a small nosegay.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • I think a single rose is fine.  My mom had a single rose at her wedding then got it preserved in this beautiful case with white ribbon.  I've always loved it. Go with what fells right to you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My girls will also have single stems. We will buying them the morning of from Pike's Place Market. It looks lovely especially if you are on a budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards