Flowers

Baby's Breath

For my wedding, I would like to have a simple center peice on the food table and surrounding areas with little hints of baby's breath. From what I hear it is rather inexpensive to use. When I went to a florist today they told me it was $25 for a bunch (around 4-7 strands). To me that seemed a little expensive. Does anyone know where I can get baby's breath with out being ripped off?? 

Re: Baby's Breath

• Order online somewhere. Babies Breath is really hardy so I wouldn't worry about it getting ruined in transet. Check on your local board if you don't want to buy online. 
  • I'm using Sam's Club for my DIY baby's breath centerpieces. $54 for 6 bunches. 15 stems/bunch.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=107356

• We got 2 huge bunches from Costco for very little $. They sell it on their website, it's in the "filler and greens" section under floral/food.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_babys-breath-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:1fd77771-f80f-4e7e-a6dd-ca81a4603d0ePost:2a287827-eeda-4108-a63c-8fe0ff990cf0">Baby's Breath</a>:
    [QUOTE]For my wedding, I would like to have a simple center peice on the food table and surrounding areas with little hints of baby's breath. From what I hear it is rather inexpensive to use. When I went to a florist today they told me it was $25 for a bunch (around 4-7 strands). To me that seemed a little expensive. Does anyone know where I can get baby's breath with out being ripped off?? 
    Posted by MrsSand3r5[/QUOTE]

A bunch from a florist is 10 stems...that is how wholesalers package it.  Unless the florist is splitting their bunches in half and then reselling them as a "whole" bunch (which is incredibly rude and greedy of the florist) the bunch you will be getting from your florist is 10 stems which is $2.50/stem.  Yes, this is expensive but you have to remember that florists have overhead costs, delivery costs and such that require them to mark up their flowers so that they can actually make money.  If they sold them at cost then they would be out of business in a few weeks.

Do as PP have suggested and use a reputable site to purchase bunces of BB online.

• Truthfully a bunch is normally 10 stems, so I would look around at other floral shops.  But it may depend on the height as well.  Some stems have several branches that sprout out.  Does the florist have a bunch on hand so you can see the size?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_babys-breath-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:1fd77771-f80f-4e7e-a6dd-ca81a4603d0ePost:e4c32b7f-9fab-40b4-a263-d888fec6f123">Re: Baby's Breath</a>:
    [QUOTE]Truthfully a bunch is normally 10 stems, so I would look around at other floral shops.  But it may depend on the height as well.  Some stems have several branches that sprout out.  Does the florist have a bunch on hand so you can see the size?
    Posted by kmclean29[/QUOTE]

The size of the bunch and the amount on each stem will vary from bunch to bunch...and no matter which florist she goest to it will still be more expensive then ordering in bulk from a reputable wholesaler.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards