Flowers

Pocket Square Boutonnieres?

I came across a different kind of boutonniere then the norm and I was wondering if anyone has gotten one of these before or what you think of them? Do you know any men that have worn them? I'm wondering if they liked them better then the usual boutonniere.
Here are some pictures if you don't know what I am talking about...
Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pocket Square Boutonnieres?

• edited December 2011
    Honestly, I think they're awful. And waaaay overdone for a boutonnière. 

None of the guys in our wedding party would be pleased with having a bouquet stuffed in their pocket. 
  • Ken&CassKen&Cass member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that the ones that I posted pictures of are bit too much for my personal taste (it was all I could find on the web); I'd actually like to have something simpler like just the spray roses lined up and neatly tucked into the pocket. I find myself annoyed with the lack of use of a perfectly good pocket, and I don't like the look of the 'stem' on the traditional bout. I guess that is why I got so excited about this idea...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I don't like them either.
  • shatrbug_2001shatrbug_2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a florist as well as a bride and I have to say that pocket squares can be a very nice alternative to traditional bouts. I have done a few weddings that used pockets squares and they were very pretty. Out of the three that you have posted the last one is my favorite, it looks very classic and simple yet elegant. Good luck!
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The general "rule" is the men wear either a bout OR a pocket square handkerchief, not both.  

While I think the flowers are pretty by themselves, I find them a little busy, and think they would detract from the person wearing them. 
  • CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the prom book that picture came from.  My students were just looking at it and all said "CREEPY!"
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • plessjmplessjm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the other ladies those are so ornate and fussy... I would be questioning someone's taste at teh wedding. It is a inventive alternative but I think the row of flowers doesn't really work that well. I found one with a single orchid. It is simple but the orchid flower provides all the drama. I actually really love it!
    http://www.flowerchat.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=698
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry, but I think they all look like corsages.  The groom may be one thing, but I know that my husband would have been unhappy.  He would have worn it and smiled...but he would have been unhappy.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • knbanks1617knbanks1617 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I like them and actually our guys like them over the reg bouts too. We're using orchids or green small mums.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards