Flowers
Options

How much should flowers cost?

I found some bouquets on etsy that I really liked and when I got an estimate it was for $475 + $38 shipping. Mind you these are silk flowers. It includes...
brides bouquet + tossing bouquet
maid of honor bouquet
2 bridesmaids bouquets
1 grooms boutonniere
1 best man boutoniere
2 groomsman boutinniere
3 fathers boutinerres
1 mothers corsage
1 memorial (for my mother that passed away)
here is the link to something similiar
http://www.etsy.com/listing/72662834/silk-bridal-bouquet-set-for-a-50

Now I have no idea how much flowers should cost, so my fiance and I have no budget set for the flowers.

Opinions?

Re: How much should flowers cost?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There's no set amount for what flowers "should" cost because different flowers and arrangements are different prices. You should set a budget for what you can afford for flowers and then work within that. 
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think people say they should typically cost 8-10% of your total budget for your wedding. However, you can always spend more or less than that depending on how important flowers are to you. Flower prices vary drastically by region, but the amount you were quoted seems reasonable to me.
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_much-should-flowers-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:2306cfde-3a49-4265-ba21-6f781d99db0cPost:cc8006cc-5e12-4093-92e4-8ca5779f6a5d">Re: How much should flowers cost?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think people say they should typically cost 8-10% of your total budget for your wedding. However, you can always spend more or less than that depending on how important flowers are to you. Flower prices vary drastically by region, but the amount you were quoted seems reasonable to me.
    Posted by janicejab[/QUOTE]

This exactly.  You need to decide what you are willing to spend and buy accordingly.  I have to agree with this poster that for what you are getting the price sounded pretty reasonable.  You also have to remember that sometimes silk flowers cost just as much, if not more, than fresh flowers.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    On Long Island, I have not found a single florist under $1500, and I am asking for bare minimum flowers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went as cheap as nicely possible, which was hard since we are getting married Mothers Day weekend.

The boutonieres vary, but average $12 a peice, the corsages for our moms were $18 a peice and $10 for our grandmothers, bridesmaid bouquets were $35 a peice, and my bouquet is $125 (we are not tossing it).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards