Flowers
Options

Peonies in June?

Are peonies in June super expsensive? Are they a good choice? I just think they are so darn pretty!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
148 Invited image 120 Happy face! image 28 Sad face... image
Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Peonies in June?

• Options
    future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Peonies bloom in June...and they grow like wildfire here.  I would think they wouldn't be.
  • Options
    melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    June is the least expensive month for peonies in most locations.
    10-10-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OOooo... I LOVE peonies... I want to use them for my bouquet but I heard they don't hold up very well and wilt pretty fast :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    May/June is the perfect time for peonies...make sure they are hydrated well because they are very delicate and will wilt, drop petals pretty easily.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They may wilt pretty easily.  Real touch peonies are just as beautiful and you don't have to worry about wilting...
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married this time last year and peonies were in season so you should be fine. 

As for how they hold up.  I was married in Florida in 90 degree weather outside.  We kept the bouquets inside and in water until just before we had to step out for the ceremony.  We had the reception inside but our sweetheart table was right next to the door which stayed open and my bouquet was not in water until we got to our honeymoon sweet.  I gave my bouquet to my mom the next day and it still looked beautiful.  She said she didn't notice any wilting until 2-3 days after the wedding.  If you just take care of the flowers and keep them in a cool place for as long as possible then they should be just fine.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had peonies at my May 1 wedding in New Jersey last year; it was about 60 degrees outside.

The peonies held up beautifully, much better than the roses that were also in the bouquets.

I'll echo pp & say yes, May/June usually= best season & price for peonies.
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards