Flowers

Save a Fortune with Exquisite Silk Flowers Like I Did!

My fiance and I have made saving money on our August 2013 wedding into an "Amazing Race" challenge game, so there are lots of high-fives and cheers when we manage to get great products/services for a significant discount. One area in which I was committed to slashing expense was flowers. We are having an outdoor wedding at a historical landmark site (also at a massive savings) and, although loads of flowers would look beautiful, the fact that they're only going to be used for ONE DAY makes me sick at the thought of all that waste!

I used Etsy to find Joby Womack Designs, a shop run by a florist experienced in the arrangement of live and fake flowers. I contacted her to for assistance with choosing flowers that would work with my color scheme (blue and purple) and she answered promptly with several suggestions, and pics of arrangements as examples.  After we agreed on the arrangements, she created a CUSTOM package for me containing 2 bridal bouquets (1 to toss, 1 to keep), 4 smaller bridesmaids bouquets, and 5 boutonnieres for less than $500! When I received my order, the flowers were very carefully packed, and came with instructions on how to store them, and how to prep them on our wedding day.  Joby also included a thank you card with a discount code for 10% off any future order--score!

A few weeks ago, my fiance asked if we could order another boutonniere for his father, who wanted to wear the same tux as the groomsmen would be wearing (he's excited to match his only son's outfit on the big day). Upon further discussion, we decided to order boutonnieres for both his dad and my little brother, and mother's corsages for both our moms. I contacted Joby, who replied WITHIN AN HOUR that she could whip up the matching arrangements; she applied the discount code from my previous order without my asking and quoted us a price of less than $80 for 2 corsages and 2 boutonnieres! 

I have attached pictures of the arrangements Joby made for us to show the quality of her work. These are GORGEOUS, and you seriously can't tell they aren't real unless you touch them. Joby's customer service is beyond compare, and if you're looking to trim your wedding budget but still get top quality, you should definitely check out her Etsy shop!

Re: Save a Fortune with Exquisite Silk Flowers Like I Did!

• I'm glad you are happy with your flowers and the service received by your Etsy seller. I have purchased roughly ..sixty percent of wedding items custom made from Etsy sellers and have been nothing but happy. Having said that, flowers are one of the most important factors in our wedding and I could never have fake ones. I can tell fake ones a mile away and while yours are lovely, I can tell they are fake.
  • While your flowers look lovely, I agree with Sharp that I can tell that they are fake. There are very few flowers that are naturally blue, so that to me is the biggest give away. 

Also, I have a strong feeling that this is your own Etsy shop because this is your first post and  the picture of your "custom bouquet" is on the etsy vendor's website. All this, while cleverly done, is against The Knot's terms of service. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited January 2013
    Hello, I am Joby, the florist referred to in this thread. I do appreciate the comments left and would like to mention that all the silk flowers I used to create these bouquet sets exist in real life as live flowers. While blue flowers are limited they are available as fresh cut stems. Specifically, I chose cornflower and hydrangea as the "bulk" of the blue. In addition, I used light (sweet peas) and dark purples (ranunculus and hydrangea) to achieve the balance and color scheme my client desired. Please note that larger cities will have floral markets that feature a much wider range of flower stems than smaller communities might have access to. When I lived in San Francisco the range of what was available was outstanding. Living now in rural New York state, the choices for fresh stems are much more limited but are still available through special orders and directly from the Dutch markets. 

I would also like to note that the prices she quoted are higher than what she actually paid. For instance, including shipping the charge of the four corsages/boutonnieres was just under $64, not $80 as mentioned.

The original poster received nothing from me for this blog post. I was delighted to have learned she left such a nice compliment! She does not own or have any affiliation with my Etsy shop or local business other than having purchased her silk wedding flowers from my Etsy shop.
    www.jobywomackdesigns.com
  • I am looking for bouquets similiar to this one.  I am just nervous that they wont go with a spring wedding.  Any of you have any opinions on this?? are these too dark for a spring wedding??
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_save-a-fortune-with-exquisite-silk-flowers-like-i-did?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:25095a89-0543-490c-8134-63439a677255Post:f11c7de9-5f50-4c83-a11b-ad1f4bda7fb2">Re: Save a Fortune with Exquisite Silk Flowers Like I Did!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am looking for bouquets similiar to this one.  I am just nervous that they wont go with a spring wedding.  Any of you have any opinions on this?? are these too dark for a spring wedding??
    Posted by brwneyegrl0903[/QUOTE]

<div>Hi Brwneyegrl, </div><div>I think including more of the light blue and light purple with accents of the darker tones would help to make these very seasonally appropriate for a Spring wedding. Alternately, using the same colors with Springtime flowers like hyacinth and anemones would work as well. Keep in mind, adding more of the gardenia blooms would lighten up the whole arrangement also.</div><div>Congratulations to you.</div><div>Best,</div><div>Joby</div>
    www.jobywomackdesigns.com
  • This isn't my Etsy shop. Those are the pics of my flowers from the quote for the service. Not violating anything, just very happy with the product I received. I'm not interested in spending thousands on flowers that will simply be thrown away or given away after a few hours' usage, and I love that we all get to keep our flowers as mementos from the big day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards