Flowers

flowers

I am trying to figure out what i should budget out for flowers.  The grooms parents have offered to pay for the flowers, but when we asked the budget they told us to go talk with a florist and then let them know the quote. So now i am stuck wondering if what I was quoted was too expensive or not.  How do I approach this? Do I go get a second quote thats maybe a little less expensive?

Re: flowers

• edited December 2011
    They certainly have no reason to find out the cost of flowers... So you do that and let them know what it looks like... If it's too much they will tell you.

Let them know how grateful you are for whatever they want to contribute and make up the difference if they balk... 
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Flowers are typically 10% of your overall wedding budget.  This is a pretty good guideline to follow.  Your FILs should really give you a price of what they are willing to spend.  If you don't have the means to cover any extra costs then you don't want to be disappointed if you go to the florist and fall in love with the designs and then find out that your FILs will only cover half of what it costs.  An even better idea would be to take you FMIL with you to your florist appointment.  This way she can be there and get a feel for the prices on the spot.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards