Flowers
Options

Online Hydrangea/Flowers????

I"m trying to find a place online for cheaper hydrangeas than I've been quoted by my local florists.I want a mixed bouquet and that's pretty hard to find online. Has anyone used or heard of www.WEDDINGHYDRANGEA.COM?

Re: Online Hydrangea/Flowers????

• Options
    susanskowerasusanskowera member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    afloral.com has reasonably priced artificial flowers.  Their hydrangeas are like $6-7 a stem.  I havent stubled across too many wholesale real flower sites though..
  • Options
    tiffer-shaetiffer-shae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought some from sams club online which are around $80 for 12 jumbo stems. You have to have the membership nut the flowers were beautiful and easy to work with.
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sams Club, The Flower Exchange, FiftyFlowers, Growers Box-- all online bulk sellers that many knotties have used. I've never heard of the site you mentioned. Just make sure that you really keep your hydrangeas hydrated. They tend to brown pretty quickly.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    newmfbrnewmfbr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just Googled them and found quite a few reviews.  This from The Knot posted on 12/28/09-
    I used the knot boards a ton when I was planning my wedding.  For my 9/19/09 wedding, we used flowers from weddinghydrangea.com for all of the centerpieces.  They were gorgeous, and I saved a ton of $ by DIY.  We did simple arrangements, 3 stems each, in low vases.  People commented on how pretty and simple they were, without being distracting.  The customer service was awesome and their recs for treating the flowers were spot on.  My only blunder came when I left the flowers on my porch the day before the wedding, with the homemade "flower food" the company recommends already in the water.  Ants got into some of the vases- since the flower food is a mixture of many things, sugar ebing one of them.  We were able to take care of it, but it could've been a real mess.  Hope this helps!

I gave them an A for my original reviews post.  We did order extra flowers, because naturally not every stem is usable.  Of the stems that we did not use, they weren't dead, just a little wilted.  Overall, I am glad we went with them, and I would n't hesitate to recommend them, or use them again myself.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ProFlowers sells white and blue hydrangeas for $3/stem, with a minimum of 100 stems.  I have no idea how big they are.  I looked into this a while ago.

Keep in mind that hydrangeas are very difficult to keep in the heat and you have to constantly hydrate them (spray water on their petals and keep them in water), otherwise they wilt.  I would not recommend ordering hydrangeas from online...

• Options
    Isabel0112Isabel0112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards