Flowers

low cost flower types

I need to figure out bouqets for the bridesmaids and I want to keep the cost low.  I am having trouble just finding out types of flowers that are on the lower cost end.

It was recommend to look at stock for the bouquet which i thought looked nice.  But if anyone else has any suggestions of different low cost flowers to look into I would appreciate it.

Thank you
Anniversary

Re: low cost flower types

• Carnations, mums, daisies, hydrangea's are somewhat expensive but you only need like 1-2 blooms and they are so pretty, any "filler flower" alstromeria, stock, lisianthus, snap dragons. 
  • we used hydrangea's and it was inexpensive just because we only needed 2 for each girl being that they are so large. They were simple, but oh so pretty !
  • Check with your local board and give them the season of your wedding.

Flowers grown locally will be cheaper
    Flowers that are in season will be cheaper.

One friend, who did a romantic country wedding used all babies breath for her flowers.    She used these for her bridesmaids bouquets, her mothers' bouquets and the centerpiece.  Her bouquet was daisies and babies breath and the boutineres were daisies.   Her wedding was in late August and she picked her own daisies from the fields behind her dad's house. The daisies were free and the babies breaths were $75 for six large bunches that did six bouquets and 18 full centerpiences. 
  • spray roses are great, alstromeria, tulips, sunflowers' pure babies breath, hydrangeas...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards