Flowers
Options

Flowers that go with...

Hi =) My wedding is in May and my colors are lilac, a darker purple, and pale yellow. I plan to have mason jars as my center pieces with flowers in them. I know I want lilacs, but otherwise I have no flower ideas. What flowers would look good with a simple country theme, my purple/pale yellow theme, and lilacs??

Thanks so much!! =)

Re: Flowers that go with...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Fresh lilacs and a few ivory hydrangeas would be great... Keep it simple and the hydrangeas will pick up off the yellows a bit..... There are also sometimes pale yellow and deep purple lilacs if you can find a local grower... 

I would book the flowers asap and look for the local suppliers right off the bat... 
    If you plan ahead and get in line you should be in great shape!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Purple iris has some yellow in them. My girls are wearing lilac and our other color is orange. My flowers are  purple irises, birds of paradise, green hypericum berries, orange pincushion protea (also comes in yellow) and purple and orange cala lilies. THe link has some pictures of purple and some yellow too.

http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa368/Stacia_Kozman/?action=view&current=flowersshow.jpg
    December Siggy Challenge. Yep he's a sports fan. Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You don't say if you are getting the lilacs on your own (family & friend's yards/lilac bushes) or your florist is supplying them. Lilacs are a very hard flower to depend on, as they bloom naturally at different times depending on the weather up to May. I have 5 lilac bushes, and up until the past 2 years they religiously bloomed just before Mother's Day. However, with climate change, or whatever, they have been blooming at different times, sometimes a week earlier or a week later because the weather has been a lot warmer in March and April, or colder than normal. I'm just mentioning this if you are not using a florist who can guarantee you will have them for your wedding day.

If you want a simple country theme with mason jars, consider yellow wild flowers or Queen Ann's Lace, which is a delicate white/ivory flower found in fields. There is also yellow snapdragons, yellow coreopsis (Link here: http://www.bhg.com/gardening/plant-dictionary/perennial/coreopsis/), yellow daisies, Black eyed Susans. For additional purple flowers, lavendar can be found easiliy in gardens or florists can get it. 

You might also want to consider lavendar or yellow colored small roses.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards