Flowers
Options

Flower budget

So how much is typical cost for wedding flowers?

Re: Flower budget

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It all depends on what flowers you want and if they're in season or not, how big you want your bouquets and centerpieces, how many tables you have to decorate, and if you'll use flowers to decorate your ceremony space.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jagore08 pretty much summed it up.

For our wedding I spent under $600 for floral arrangements on 10 tables and bouquets, corsages and bouts. I got the 20 piece white rose package from Costco for $399 and spent $177 for the bulk flowers, also from Costco (white roses, white asiatic lillies, baby's breath) for my centerpieces and baby's breath in the pew cones in the chapel. I arranged the flowers myself the morning before the wedding. That price is just the flowers, not the vases, floral foam and jelly balls to keep them hydrated. Those were about another $40, due to a local florist going out of business who was selling their vases & goods.

Pics in my bio below, link to photographs, wedding pro pics.

• Options
    vexievexie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it will definitely depend on the type of flowers, how many bouquets you have, how large the bouquets are, whether you include centerpieces or flowers at the ceremony... as well as where you are buying them from.

I paid approx $400 for my flowers, but I only had my bouqet, MOH bouquet, two small bouquets for the jr bridesmaids, 3 coursages and 5 bouts. We had roses, peonies and gerbera daisies.
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    It all comes down to what and how much you want.  Typically, your flower budget should be around 10% (just a guidleine) of your overall wedding budget but you definitely can do less or more depending on what is more important to you.  I absolutely love flowers and feel that they really make a wedding gorgeous so I spent more then 10% but some feel that they aren't that important and will only get personal flowers and do something different for centerpieces.

Think about what you want and then think about how much you are willing to spend and then go speak with a few florists to see who will offer you the best deal but also give you something spectacular.

• Options
    kmclean29kmclean29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends a lot on your location.  You are in Houston and they tend to run slightly higher.  It never hurts to call around to a couple local florists and get their opinion!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards