Flowers

Need help with a color decision!

Okay... So i am OBSESSED with the tea roses that start as yellow and fade up to a peachy, redish color... and am basing my wedding colors around these roses...

I was originally going to have my girls wear brown (because it was going to be a fall wedding) but has now been changed to a summer wedding.. I still like the brown but i feel like i should have a more summery color...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me some suggestions that you think would look good with my flowers!!!  If you have seen it at another wedding, have experience in your own, or just have any ideas i would greatly appreciate any advice!!

Thanks!

Re: Need help with a color decision!

• MrsDrobieMrsDrobie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

That sound kind of like how my roses are. Mine start as a yellow and by the time you get to the edges they are a coral/peachy color. I am having a spring wedding and paired my coral with a blue. (Cornflower from David's Bridal) They go nicely together. You could also do green with them. :) Good luck.

• Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Blue would contrast beautifully with the coral while purple would contrast beautiful with the yellow in your flowers.   You could also keep the brown.  A lighter shade of brown such as latte or sand would be more summery than a deep chocolate brown. 

FWIW, my favorite would be a lighter shade of brown like David's Bridal Latte with soft gold shoes. 
  • edited December 2011
    I think the way you've gone about picking colours stemming from the floral inspiration is perfect. I love it.

And I see no reason why your maids can't wear brown in the summer. They totally can. My wedding was early June and my Mom & sis and many other family members wore chocolate brown (no formal BP). Your gals will thank you since it's a flattering colour on basically everyone and is something that can actually be worn again!
  • edited December 2011
    When it comes to weddings, the seasons of the year have nothing to do with dress colours, unless you want it to be a seasonal wedding.  As a floral deisgner designer, I have done hundreds of weddings, it's a matter of choice.  You like those roses, they will look perfect with those dresses.  Don't change a thing.  Bunches Bob
    Bunches Bob "Have Fun With Those Blooms"
  • ElfontheShelfElfontheShelf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Red and Green are pretty colors year round!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "There's only one rule that you have to follow so I will come back and be here tomorrow: Please do not touch me. My magic might go, and Santa won't hear all I've seen or I know."
  • Sydney91Sydney91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would look at a lighter purple, blue, or brown. I would stay away from yellow and organge, as they would blend in or clash with the flowers (depending on the shade) and both are hard colours to wear. I have yellow and pink flowers and am contrasting them with the navy from Alfred Angelo. I would go with a lighter colour, but the navy matches my sapphire engagement/wedding ring perfectly. I would go for the lighter colours just to keep things cooler for the outdoor summer wedding (my wedding is in May in Alberta - the snow may or may not be fully gone yet).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards