Flowers
Options

How do I start

Hey everyone! Ok...My wedding is in March, I have only been to one wedding in my life and really didn't help with the details. I have everything done except for flowers. I have no idea what to say to a florist, or what to ask them. I have no clue how to get started on deciding on flowers. Mom tells me to just call and tell them what you want, but I honestly have no clue! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Re: How do I start

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I went to the florist for the first time today. My wedding is in Sept. I researched online what kind of flowers I would like and then found some pictures of boquets that I liked. Do that, and then print off some pics and take them with you. Tell the florist that you're only looking for ideas and pricing right now so that they don't try to push anything on you that you don't want or can't afford. Good luck. Keep us up to date.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your local board is active, start there for some recs.  If not, look for florists in your area with good reviews on Wedding Wire.  Visit their websites and see what grabs you.  Also, try Googling your wedding colors and look at inspiration boards--those can be very helpful.  I found just looking at TK and other bios to be very helpful also.

A good florist should be able to help you develop your vision if you don't really have one.  Meet with two or three in person and see who you click with. 

As far as the flowers go, you'll need flowers for the wedding party of course and then you'll need to decide if you want to use any for decor.  As far as what to ask, mainly pricing (including delivery/set up/take down), when will they deliver your flowers, have they worked with your venue before--these were the questions I asked but more important to me was did they have good reviews, what were their ideas and did they grasp my vision of what I wanted.
  • Options
    ekelly83ekelly83 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank-you Stephanie! I just called a local florist that a couple friends used... Posting this question on Facebook helped too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards