Flowers

Is anyone else doing this?

After flipping through flower portfolios of local florists, my mother and I didnt find anything we really liked or what went with the theme of the wedding. But later that day, when we went to Trader Joe's we saw all of these beautiful boquets with sunflowers, gerbera daisies, roses, carnations, ranunculus and all sorts of greenery and we loved them! They are rustic and eclectic and kind of perfect for what my fiance and I are looking for. So... we're going to buy out all of the boquets at Trader Joe's and local grocers a day or two before the wedding and make them ourselves. My whole family is a bit crafty so we are going to go Bouquet Bonanza before the wedding... Is anyone else doing this?

Re: Is anyone else doing this?

• twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do this personally, but there are many brides I've seen on TK who have. Some of the ladies on the DIY board might have experience in this area.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Um, so why not just take this mix and talk to your florist.  Tell your florist you like the look of these flowers together and these colors.  She should be able to put together something you will love.  Don't just judge your florist by their previous weddings (unless the flowers were hideous and dead!) because the pictures you are looking at are from other brides visions not yours.  Describe what you want and if you still don't like what they say then go the DIY route.  I would do the DIY route as a last resort because it may be stressful and time consuming.

• edited December 2011
      I would be concerned that those particular bouquets won't be available for your wedding day. Trader Joe's does different flowers all the time. I would see if a florist could do them or if you can order them from TJs or another grocery store so you end up getting what you want.
  • edited December 2011
    Aww conanabanana!! Those look beautiful and exactly what we want to do. This is a very informal wedding. And flowers are towards the bottom of the list. We just want a little something for each table. Here is a pic of a random sample we bought:

• edited December 2011
    I looked through google images for flower inspiration and brought photos to my florist for her to mimic. You don't have to find something in their portfolio--I'm sure you could bring in your own image or even one of the bouquets from Trader Joe's. The flowers you want might not be in season at the time of your wedding, so while your florist could get them for you, Trader Joe's probably wouldn't have them.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards