Flowers
Options

Tiffany Blue Theme... Need help w Flowers?!

I am using tiffany blue as the main theme of my wedding along with little pops of lavender. I have met with a florist but was not happy with the flowers she suggested for me. Does anybody have any advice or tips for flowers that will match the tiffany blue? Wedding will take place in June. I would like there to be roses and stargazer lillies in the bouquets but dont know what will give the bouquet the pop it needs! Plus i am stumped on centerpeices... the only thing i am sure of on those are the eiffel tower vases! Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks :)

Re: Tiffany Blue Theme... Need help w Flowers?!

• Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There just aren't that many natural flowers in tiffany blue.    I understand the dilemna because my bridesmaids wore navy.  We used these bouquets against dark navy dresses.  

These are deep blue hydrangeas.  They are natural but are not navy.   You could pick a different shade of blue for your flowers like I did.  Alternatively, you could pick a totally different color for the flowers and wrap the stems in a tiffany blue ribbon.    I went to a wedding this summer that used pink ranunculus and orchid peonies against a turquoise dress (DB's Pool)  that was really lovely.  The bright bubblegum pink and bright lavender popped against the short turquoise dresses. 
  • Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I would pick a totally different color that complements Tiffany blue but won't be matchy-matchy.  Especially if you're doing blue bridesmaids dresses.  You want your bouquets to pop, not blend in.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    angybanezangybanez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I truly suggest contacting Celadon & Celery Events since Bess the owner and designer comes up with the BEST ideas! Plus their floral arrangements are just amazing that they've been highly published and shown on TV (Martha Stewart, ABC) and magazines! Check out their work at celadoncelery.com or on my website since most of the floral arrangements were created by them for the weddings I've covered. They're not just people I work with from time to time but also great friends who put their client's needs first!
  • Options
    kimberlyr22kimberlyr22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a black/white and deep Tiffany blue wedding and going with tons and tons of blue hydrangeas.
    photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • Options
    nppdesignsnppdesigns member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Consider tinting your favorite flowers Tiffany Blue. Any florist will know what you are talking about. Hydrangeas work well, but the blues can vary so much.

I have had a few friends who used that blue...here are a few pics I found

idea for centerpieces - not sure wher she got them, but loved this!!

her bridesmaids
    showing a tinted blue rose
    tinted blue hydrangea
    different bride with a fun mix of colors, but her reception was all blue and black

Good Luck!!
  • Options
    SaraRose1124SaraRose1124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.squidoo.com/tiffanyblueweddings

There are a few flower ideas near the bottom of the page.  HTH!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards