Flowers
Options

Horse shoe

Any ideas on how to incorporate a real horse shoe in my bouquet or have you seen it done before? I want it for Irish good luck and to honor my deceased grandfather (who was a trainer and the shoe belonged to a much beloved horse of his) and keep him close to me for the ceremony.

Re: Horse shoe

• Options
    I looked all over for a small horseshoe.  DH stopped one day in an Irish gift shop near our venue and found a bracelet that had shamrocks and horseshoes.  My florist wrapped it around the stems of my bouquet.

A real horseshoe, however, I'm not sure how you could do it.  Maybe have a ring bearer walk it up the aisle with something in the program noting its significance.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    Here are two ideas...

1) use the horseshoe as the holder of the bouquet

2) tie the horseshoe into a layer of your dress

• Options
    Michaels has small horse shoe charms in the beads section.  Unless your using an aluminum shoe in your bouquet a real one would be heavy. 
  • Options
    I've seen them as holders but I was trying to see if there was another way to do it. Some women have feathers or brooches sticking out of their bouquets, I want this specific horse shoe. I just don't know if it's feasible. But thank you all for the replies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards