Flowers
Options

Candles help!

Hi everyone! I was hoping to have a low flower centerpiece with an assortment of candles around it. My question is: Do I get the candles from the florist also or should I get them myself? If I get them myself would my venue put them on the tables for me? Thanks for your help!
BabyFruit TickerWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Candles help!

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The cheapest way to go is get them yourself. The venue, or perhaps even the florist (or a good friend) might do the arrangement for you.

If you are near an IKEA, they have some of the best prices. Michael's and Joann's sell them also.

Online sources: Check walmart.com, kmart.com, other retailers in the sale sections or search "candles". They are often low priced as ell.

www.candles4less.com

Good luck.
  • Options
    greekmermaidgreekmermaid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    some things to think about when purchasing your candles: get unscented, a room full of scented ones can be overwhelming.  Burn time, make sure they burn for 8 to 10 hours so they can be lit before dinner starts by the venue.  Fire code rules, very important so check with your venue. Also if ordering candles online, factor in shipping costs as candles are heavy and expensive to ship.  Ask your florist what they charge per candle and you may find it's worth it to let them handle it!   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards