Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Say Anything Wednesday

13»

Re: Say Anything Wednesday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Michelle!!!  That's awesome!!! :)

...and good luck to everyone who has applied and/or is looking and waiting for the right opportunity.  As my mother would say, you better eat your black eyed peas on Saturday or you'll have bad luck all year!  :)
  • Options
    bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    and on another note other than Wendi's

....rice-a-roni is amazing :)
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Thanks everyone.  And good luck to everyone else who is looking or waiting.

I think this will be unexpected for my work, but not completely suprising.  The new company recruited me earlier in the year, and my boss found out (it is a small world).  THey matched the offer at that time.  But the new company came back, and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.  So it has been 8 months, since the last time.  Again unexpected, but not shocking.

Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Mine SA is more of a B&M but I'm going to say it anyway.  My sister made DH and I an amazing photobook for our wedding present.  It has all kinds of pics from when we first started dating, the proposal, etc.  We took them to his families this past weekend to show everyone.  His aunt showed up late to Christmas eve and gave DH a guilt trip about not being able to see the book yet.  We were about to leave and head home and his sister says to leave the books with her and she'll bring them bring them back with her and we can get them from her Sunday.  She left them there.  I knew she would forget them.  I'm so mad!  I know we can get it back but we aren't going back until Feb or March.  His sister said she may go back this weekend and she'll try to remember to bring them back.  She left them at his aunt's house who smokes in the house.  They will probably smell and who know what else.  I know this isn't the end of the world but my sister worked so hard on the book and I was hoping to show them to my cousin who could come to the wedding because she lives in HI tonight but nope can't because his sister forgot them.  So annoyed!!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dana, that SUCKS! I'm so sorry to hear that. I know exactly how you feel though, and i think you're handling it better than i would. I assume by now i would have opened up a can of whoop-a$$
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_say-anything-wednesday-54?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4ec47a2a-4155-4f5f-af62-80d7cb386121Post:0529cf1f-2d32-4676-9618-b2371defeda5">Re: Say Anything Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dana, that SUCKS! I'm so sorry to hear that. I know exactly how you feel though, and i think you're handling it better than i would. I assume by now i would have opened up a can of whoop-a$$
    Posted by bigbabyface[/QUOTE]

Believe me it is very hard to be nice to this girl but I try for DH's sake!  She lives with his ex wife and hasn't once tried to get to know me.  She has called me a B on several occasions and when DH called to tell her we were engaged she told him "good luck with that one".  The rest of his family loves me so if it's only 1 out of the bunch I feel like I'm doing pretty good!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    for the most part i get along with the FIL's. Sometimes i get an odd vibe from them, but other than that i think i'm pretty well off :)

i get to leave a half hour early today! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards