Flowers

Winter flowers and centerpieces on a budget .. AHHHH help me?

Hi ladies! I'm new to this site, so hopefully I get this post up and get some feedback.  My wedding is coming up, December 1st,  And I still don't have my flowers and centerpieces picked out.  I'm not worried about it being last minute because my fiance's mother is the florist, but I can't find anything that I like for a decent price.  My colors are purple and silver (which is hard to find so purple and white?) Everything I find for winter is blue and if I do like it then it's really expensive.  I'm about to say the heck with it and do a simple centerpiece or just two or three flowers in a vase.  Any suggestions?

Re: Winter flowers and centerpieces on a budget .. AHHHH help me?

• Your FI mother hasn't been able to provide you with any ideas that fit within your price range?

You need to stop thinking winter and just focus on your color scheme.

Some purple flowers that you can use are...
    hydrangeas
    lisianthus
    stock
    carnations (I typically hate carnations but the deep purple ones are very pretty)
    orchids
    roses (there aren't any true purple roses but really pretty lavendar/light purple roses)
    larkspur

You can mix purple with white and then even add an accent color of lime green if you want.  To bring in your silver color use linens, chargers, ribbons, etc.

• One friend painted baskets in her color (icy blue)  and then filled the baskets with spruce branches and silver balls.  Spruce is an evergreen tree.   The silver balls were Christmas ornaments with the hanging part turned in to hide in the branches.    You could paint the baskets in your shade of purple and use the same idea.  My friend's brothers cut the spruce from their parent's back yard.  
  • I used www.silkflowersbyjean.com they use a lot of real touch flowers. Also check out Silk flowers by jean Facebook page for lots of samples.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards