Flowers

stingy to exclude boutineers?

I'm trying to budget my flower cost and I'm wondering if it would be stingy if I only did bouquets for my bridesmaids, but no boutineers for the groomsmen, and maybe the parents/grandparents?

Or would it be cheaper to make fake flower boutineers?

What do you think? I myself would probably never notice if i went to a wedding with no boutineers, but maybe its more important than I think?

Re: stingy to exclude boutineers?

• I went to a wedding with no boutineers and I thought they all looked lovely.  I didn't even notice until I saw some pictures later.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Another option would be to make simple boutonnieres.  They are really very easy to make.  I/my daughters always made them for their dates for high school dances, and we will be making them for the weddings as well.  Check online for tutorials.
  • It is just fine to skip the bouts. Lots of times tux rental places will include a pocket square for free, or you can buy them for like $5. They would be a perfect alternative.
    Photobucket
  • one of the PP said they didn't even notice until they saw the pictures.........you will have the pictures the rest of your life......a guy in a tux needs a bout. It's a formal occasion.   guy in a suit not .....I see guys who don't have them and I think 1. forgot to order them or 2. to chesp to provide one. JMO but the immediate wedding party needs one
  • We aren't doing them- but my guys are casual. No suits or tuxes, just shirts and pants.  Bouts are one of the least expensive items.  They should really only cost about $5 each. 
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Bouts will not break your flower budget or save you a lot of money if you don't have them.  If the GMs are wearing tuxes then bouts are necessary...if only wearing suits then you can get away with a pocket square.

• My guys don't want to wear bouts, so they are wanting to do pocketsquares. If that's what they want, and what my FI wants, that's fine with me. When we talked to florists, we are still considering doing a bout for the groom and the fathers, and that's it. 
  • You could get really simple ones from a grocery store like Shoprite or Pathmark. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards