Flowers

Matching

Do my bouquet flowers have to match our colors of the wedding? I don't think many flowers come in the colors of our wedding. What should I do?

Re: Matching

• plessjmplessjm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Choose colors that compliment the color your girls will be wearing. My girls are wearing blue dresses. To make the gowns pop I am using purple yellows and whites. My colors are blue and green. For my bouquet I really wanted to use color so it wouldn't blend into my dress. Maybe you could mention the color and type of BM dresses and we would love to give you suggestions on specific colors and types of flowers.
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, the flowers don't have to "match" at all.  In fact, if they are the same color as the dresses, they won't show up well, so they usually look better with a little contrast.

So if your wedding colors, and BM dresses are blue, you might want to use complimentary flower colors.  You can have a solid color, or a mix of spring/summer colors, or add a third color for an accent color.  Some of my top picks to to with blue, for a summer wedding would be:

All white flowers.
    Yellow and white.
    Green and white.
    Hot pink or watermelon and white.
    Orange and hot pink
    A mix of pinks, blue, yellow, and purples
  • edited December 2011
    My bouquet is going to be all red roses and we aren't doing any red in the wedding. The girls are wearing blue dresses and I'm having them hold white roses. They dont have to match what your wedding colors are, but definately make sure they dont contrast with the color of the BM dresses.
  • bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Curious to know what colors you're using.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards