Flowers
Options

XP Blue Eiffel Tower vases?!

Hi ladies! 
I need your help!  I'm trying to do a simple centerpiece with 3 roses, and some greens.
I was planning on buying 9" blue eiffel tower vases from Save-on-crafts.com, but now they're gone!  They have the taller ones (I'd like to stay under 16" though).
I'd like to be able to buy one, to see how I like it, before I pay for 10, but I'm afraid they'll run out before I can turn around and order the rest.  And they only have 13 left!!!  Does anyone have any ideas where else I can find blue eiffel tower vases?  I've found clear, frosted, and black, but no blue! 
Help me please!!! 

Re: XP Blue Eiffel Tower vases?!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    blue glass has some element in it that is now banned from production.  Now all we can get are painted glass unless you go with polish cobalt blue which is really pricy...
    You probably won't see them anytime soon again. 
    I have seen some dip dyed vases that look ok"ish but not as nice as they could.

Maybe you can just use blue water ? might be pretty... 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The blue water sounds incredibly pretty. I know it isn't what you want but it sounds like a great option.
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The craft stores sell paint for glass. I was going to paint some of my votives but decided against it. You'd pain the outside blue. The paint won't cover entirely, but it does leave a pattern, either brush strokes up and down, or you can swirl it, or do wavy lines, or whatever you want.

You'll find it near the area where they sell craft materials for stained glass windows or glass painting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards