Flowers
Options

Poppies

So, I've recently come around to the idea of DIY for most of my flowers. However, I can't find poppies for sale on any of the sites that people tend to go to for wholesale flowers. Any suggestions? Or is that just a flower that's going to be impossible to find? The red poppy color is my main wedding color, and I'd love to actually have some, I know I could substitute with anemones or ramunculus, but I'd really like to have the real deal. I really want that vibrant red/orange color. 

All I can find on Google is where to buy seeds or pods (or how to make your own opium, yikes!). Would it be cool for me to go to a regular florist and see if they would/could order them, even though I'd be DIY?

Also, does anyone know of a flower that has similar color to red geraniums but is better is arrangements?

Re: Poppies

• Options
    Because poppies can be grown in gardens, I have to believe there will florists who can get this for you. I'd check with your local floral vendors and see what they can supply you. It's probably a summer flower.

This website has a large selection of red flowers that are similar:
    www.californiaflowergrowers.com

The red and Red passion gerbera daisies, red coxcomb, there's a burgundy dahlia. The red ypericum is similar to geraniums. They also have a red sunflower, but it i smore like a dark orange red.

If you have other flowers you are using, you could substitute a realistic looking silk red poppy and mix it with fresh.
  • Options
    Your local florist should be able to track them down for you.  Many sites don't ship them because the petals are too deliate and cannot withstand delivery. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards