Flowers
Options

Gray carnations?! Do they exist?

I was browsing through a gallery on the Knot and it said that carnations were coming back partly because they have new varieties in gray. My main color is gray and I didn't even consider looking for gray flowers but the idea of a really modern arrangement with gray carnations sounds really cool to me. I've tried searching google and google images to try to find what the gray carnations look like and where to possibly get them. I also went through a bunch of Knot photos to see if I could find anything. Has anyone ever seen or heard of these? Do they exist? Why can't I find photos?!

Re: Gray carnations?! Do they exist?

• Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    carnations can be painted.  They may have a gray hue sprayed over a light colored carn.  You can experiment with this
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    momofaydenmomofayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wouldn't grey flowers just look dead?
  • Options
    plessjmplessjm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In nature, I don't believe they exist.  What does exist is painting or spraying flowers with floral paint. It will make the flower any color. You could use this same technique with just about any white-crème colored flower.
  • Options
    alyssalowealyssalowe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Carnations absorb color though the color of the water they sit in as well... (Fyi petals can stain if left sitting somewhere to dry.. haha my counter and I didnt think of that) If you take white carnations and put them in a dark grey food coloring/water mixture within a day or so they will pick up the color at least on the tips. Your florist could do this in bulk much easier then you. Just tell her what you want and I am sure she would experiment to figur it out. I would suggest this way rather than spraypainting as pp said. So the flower isnt too gloomy, put it with other white flowers or have her do it just get the color to the tips...

Good luck. I think it could be very modern and pretty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards