Flowers
Options

Several questions...

1. What types of questions should I ask a florist when I start to "interview" them about my wedding flowers?

2. How long before the wedding do you need to find a florist?

3.  Has anyone gotten their flowers from a grocery store?  My fiancé has gotten me several beautiful, long-lasting bouquets from the local market!

4.  What are your opinions on real vs. fake flowers?

Thanks!! Laughing
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Several questions...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_several-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:7afda6d6-4e6c-4e92-b0fc-1ef8c07ce9c8Post:691f67cf-d9da-447b-85e6-dbf6a980889a">Several questions...</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. What types of questions should I ask a florist when I start to "interview" them about my wedding flowers?
    <font color="#800000">Ask them what flowers they suggest for your wedding (not that you have to take their suggestions, but it is nice to hear what they would suggest). Ask about delivery costs, when the flowers actually get arranged prior to you getting them.
    </font>
    2. How long before the wedding do you need to find a florist?
     <font color="#800000">Well my wedding is in about 40 days and I just ordered mine on Friday.
    </font>
    3.  Has anyone gotten their flowers from a grocery store?  My fiancé has gotten me several beautiful, long-lasting bouquets from the local market!
     <font color="#800000">Yes, that's where we are getting ours. If they do beautiful arrangements for other occasions, I don't see why they couldn't for your wedding. Ask if they have pictures from past weddings.
    </font>
    4.  What are your opinions on real vs. fake flowers? Thanks!! 
    <font color="#800000">I really prefer real flowers. It's hard to make fake flowers look real (though not impossible). Plus fake ones could easily add up to the same cost as real.</font>
    Posted by hanson2B[/QUOTE]
    Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Questions? They will ask you most of the questions. Print some pictures of bouquets, colors, and flowers you like. They can suggest things from there. Meet with several florists before deciding on one. Also know that a quote is not the final price. You can negotiate price, flowers, etc up to 2 weeks before the wedding.

2. How long? Generally a florist orders flowers 2 weeks before the wedding. I would get a florist nailed down at least 2 months prior to your date. Although, the longer you wait the more chance that your date might book up and you won't get the florist you want.

3. Grocery store? I don't see why you couldn't at least get a quote and see pictures of what they have done. Meet with grocery stores just like you would meet with an independent florist. I had bridal portraits this past weekend. I spent $15 on flowers at Walmart and it made a freakin' awesome bouquet. Nothing wrong with grocery store or walmart flowers. Flowers are flowers.

4. Real vs fake? My first job was a garden center/home decor shop. I can immediately spot any fake flowers now. I just prefer the look of real; however if you really want to then do fake. You really wouldn't be saving a ton of money; however they would last longer.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards