Flowers
Options

winter flowers

I'm having a December wedding and am wondering what type of flower to have in the bouquets. My colors are blue, white & black so of course I want the flowers to be blue &/or white. We are also going more simple rather than fancy. Any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: winter flowers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There are a lot of white flowers available in winter. Forget-me-nots are blue winter flowers that are "simple."
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    soozy87soozy87 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Babies Breath?
    ~May 21,2011~
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    There aren't very many real flowers that are blue in color.  Hydrangeas are always nice and come in light and dark blue...also delphinium comes in a light and dark blue as well.

Since you are trying to stay simple, I would choose at the most 3 flowers for your bouquets and arrangements...the more flowers the fancy and crazy it can get  Roses are always a nice choice and they come in a variety of whites...also white dendrobium orchids are soft and very pretty...they can also look like snow/snowflakes (IMO anyway)...stephanotis is also a beautiful white and fragrant flower (but it can be expensive but really makes a bouquet especially an all white bouquet)

• Options
    roxiems75roxiems75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

So you can do something like white roses with blue dendrobrium orchid for your flowers.  this is at the top of my list for flowers right now.  check it out google blue dendrobrium orchid the color is great.  for the BM maybe so calla lily and roses they both come in a lot of colors.  hope this helps good luck.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want to stay simple, use white roses and if you are making the bouquets hand tied with stems showing, wrap the stems with blue ribbon.  Bunches Bob
    Bunches Bob "Have Fun With Those Blooms"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards