Flowers
Options

Yellow flowers for the Bride?

My wedding colors are white and yellow and I want to have the bridesmaids carry white flower bouquest and myself (the bride) carry a bridal bouquet that's primarily yellow.  Do Brides traditionally carry white bouquets?  Would it take away from my whole look to have a color added to my white ensemble?  I wouldn't want everyone's eyes drawn towards the flowers while I walk down the aisle.  I'm meeting with my florist this weekend.  Thoughts?

Re: Yellow flowers for the Bride?

• Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Carry whatever flower color you want.  I am strictly having colored flowers (or I better) - I don't want any white, I'm carrying orange - so, there's that.
  • Options
    ts1212ts1212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice!  Good to know, just needed another opinion.
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridal bouquets are all different colors nowadays, you can carry any color you want. 

It makes sense, because if you carry flowers of the same color as your dress, they don't show up in the pictures, so carrying contrasting colors makes them pop.
  • Options
    emmy82087emmy82087 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think brides can carry any color. i've seen brides carry red, orange, yellow, pink, etc... i think pretty yellow roses and lilys and maybe some white roses in there would like pretty for your bouquet!
    Mrs. Emily Wolcott June 11, 2011 :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My girls are carrying primarily white, and I'm carrying primarilyyellow.  Same as you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards