Flowers
Options

What flowers do we need?

Besides bouquets for bride and bridesmaids, groom and groomsmen, father and mothers of bride and groom... what else?

Re: What flowers do we need?

• Options
    In addition I had:  cake flowers, petals for the aisle and to toss, an arrangement on my guest book table, an arrangement for the buffet, and centerpieces.  I had petals on my cake table along with vases which I put our bouquets in.  If you're doing a bouquet toss, you'll need a toss bouquet (usually free from a florist).

I also had bouts for my officiants and my ushers, and corsages for my grandmothers.  If you are having anyone help serve cake, hand out programs, etc., they should also have some sort of corsage.  I didn't have any ceremony flowers other than petals, but the ceremony is another place brides often have decor.
  • Options
    It really all depends on what you want and what your budget is.

The average wedding consists of...
    Personal flowers (bride, groom, BMs, GMs, mothers, fathers, grandparents, readers, FGs and RBs, toss bouquet)
    Ceremony decorations (this could include...alter arrangements, pew decor, petals for aisle, wreaths on ceremony entrance doors, etc)
    Reception decorations (includes...table centerpieces, cocktail table decor, bar decor, cake decor, etc)

But all of these are optional.  Some brides only do personal flowers and use non-floral decor for their ceremony and reception.  The best thing to do is speak with your florist about the vision you have for your wedding.  They would be the best to point you in the right direction.

• Options
    Some typical flowers used:

Altar arrangements.

If you have a guest book table, some people like to have a small arrangement there.

Bouquets for bride and bridesmaid.

Bouts for groom, groomsmen, fathers, officiant.  Optional for grandfathers, ushers, ring bearer.

Corsages or nosegays for mothers, optional for grandmothers.

Flowers for your hair, or for a flower girl headband.

Any leftover flowers can be placed around the cake, food, or beverage tables at the reception, for guest tables, cake, food, or beverage tables, or even pew clip decorations.  Submerged flowers in vases of water, floating blooms in a low bowl vase of water, bud vases, etc....
  • Options
    It's your choice, some couples do grandparents, godparents, ushers, ring bearer and flower girl (or junior bridesmaids)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards