Flowers

instead of bouquets

Would it be strange to have pinned corsages on the bridesmaids, like the groomsmen bouts, instead of holding bouquets? Or what about holding just one stem? Or both?

Just looking for some opinions either way. Thanks!

Re: instead of bouquets

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a fan of pinning (unless it's a dress they'll never wear again) because it can ruin the dress.  

Are you trying to save money?  If so you can one stem of a large flower (like a peony or garden rose), try less expensive blooms such as gerbera daisies, or a bouquet of baby's breath (great for a winter look).

You can also do a non-floral look by having the BM carry a feather bouquet or clutch.

You can Google image all of these ideas to see what they look like.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Both would be silly.  I find corsages matronly.  

A single flower can be elegant.  You want to use a flower with a strong stem (rose, gerbera, calla lily) and finish the look with a bow or pin so that the single flower looks deliberate rather than rushed last minute.  
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Definitely no pin-on corsages...they are very matronly and depending on the dress they wear may not work.

I think a single stem would be a great choice.  If you want major bang for your buck I would suggest a stem of hydrangea because the heads are very large and will almost look like they are carrying more then one flower.

• calibricancalibrican member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the perspectives!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards