Flowers
Options

bouquets flowers match the centerpiece flowers?

Is that usually the case?  Will anyone even notice if they don't?

I was thinking to use gerbera daisies for the centerpieces.  I am using 3 wine bottles in the center of each table with one in each (that's my plan anyway).  It is cheap and hopefully, fairly easy to do myself.  But I'm not a big fan of just daisies for the bouquets.  Should I go to a florist for the bouquets?  Is it possible to get 1 bridal, 4 bms, 2 fg and a few roses for the rose ceremony for like 100 or 200$ total or am I out of my mind to think that's possible?  I'm not looking for expensive flowers of course.   I'd be willing to do it myself, but I don't think I know enough or will have the time to do so.

Re: bouquets flowers match the centerpiece flowers?

• Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't use matching flowers. The bouquets/bouts were all roses, and my other flowers (ie. at the reception) were primarily hydrangeas. It still looked great.

I really think it's fine to do whatever you'd like in regard to floral arrangements. Also, your florist might have some ideas for other types of flowers that would complement what you've chosen for your bouquets/bouts.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I doubt you can get it done roer less than $200...Maybe a supermarket package but even with that your'e running on the lean side in Philly. 
    I'd look for other areas to trim out and get your flower budget up a bit... they do matter...
  • Options
    peanutty2peanutty2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    unfortunately, not entirely much left to cut :/  the wedding is actually in the poconos, so i'm hoping that will offer somewhat cheaper prices if i use a florist up there as opposed to one in philly.

maybe i should ask this as a seperate question - but are sunflowers typically expensive?  (sept wedding)  I would think I could have a small bouquet with just a few and I have it be bright and bold.  But I'm not sure if they're a pricey flower to begin with.  I saw some silk sunflower bouquets on afloral that were like 15$ each maybe that's an option.
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Quick google search shows that 40 sunflower stems from Sam's Club is $48.82. You can decide whether that's expensive or not. I don't know your budget.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I own artemisia flowers in MPLS and brides and Verona very often have different flowers at their ceremony than at their reception for example maybe the bride wants an all white and pink ceremony but then add in some fun colors for the reception like reds and chartruse, fun! As far as your budget goes it would be hard to find what you are looking for you and your bridesmaids unless you have them hold just 1-5 stems of flowers. 1 stem of hydrangea if full and beautiful or you could do 3 long stemmed gerberas or 5 calla lilies. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     Sunflowers aren't too expensive (in my opinion). If I were you, I'd go to a florist for your bouquet and tell them you'd like to spend $120 on your bouquet. Give them an idea of what flowers you like (the ones you've mentioned are not too expensive), what colors and what style bouquet you'd like. I would have the BMs and FGs carry a single flower with a ribbon tied around it (maybe a sunflower or gerber daisy or they could all have a different flower to match the ones in your bouquet). You should be able to get the single flowers and a few roses for under $30 easily.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards