Flowers

Identify these flowers? & DIY Question

I'm attaching a picture of the flowers that I'd like at my wedding. I want to know if it is possible to DIY the centerpieces, and mainly the two big ceremony arrangements.

We are getting married outside, and the site has two big urn things at the end of the aisle (where we will stand). I think this will be PERFECT, but I know it will be ridiculous expensive to have a florist make this. I want to buy the flowers from some website like filthyflowers.com, and I need to 1. identify the flowers in the arrangement and 2. find out if this is possible to DIY.

Also, about how much do you think something like this would cost to do?

Here is the picture:

Here is the link to the wedding that I got the picture from:
http://studiotran.com/index.cfm?postID=677

Re: Identify these flowers? & DIY Question

• edited December 2011
    There are definitely a ton of dyed calla lillies, but my guess to some of the accents would be astroemeria without any leaves.  
  • edited December 2011
    The flowers in the top left pic are anemones and roses. The next picture over is a close-up of a hypericum berry- they actually come in loose clusters on the stem. The 2 right pics are the same arrangement, just close up in one. The flowers in that one are hydrangea, roses, dahlia (dark red flower) and anemones.
    The large pic in the center has hydrangea, roses, and purple dendrobium orchids . The 2 bottom left and 1 bottom right pictures have purple dendrobium orchids. The other picture in the bottom I can't tell exactly what it is, it looks like a variety of heather, but you you could use leptospernum (sp.), wax flower, pink pepperberry or caspia.
    I wouldn't suggest DIYing the large arrangements as is. They look like they would be difficult to do and get a decent shape. As well, if they aren't balanced properly, they could topple over. I would try something simpler if it was me. You don't want to be stressing on your big day! Maybe a flowering tree in a large pot (it'll be heavy at the bottom to anchor it). You could add more flowers to the branches or tie ribbon or tulle around the trunk to dress it up. Plus you don't have to worry about it dying as quickly, which would make it possible for you to do farther in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards