Flowers

Balloons?

I was just browsing through some wedding decor ideas on Google and came across a reception decorated with balloon "bouquets." Is anyone on here having balloons at their wedding? Balloons AND flowers? What are your opinions on balloons? Balloons and flowers? Too much? I literally just stumbled upon this idea, so you won't hurt my feelings if you bash the idea LoL.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Balloons?

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I think of balloons, I think of kids birthday parties not weddings.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • NicnJen01NicnJen01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same thought as the PP but then went to a wedding at a country club where they had balloons there as the centerpeices and to be honest it looked lovely.  It was high up with a golf course view, white linens and the balloons were purple gold and i think ivory.   It definately was classy. 

Another wedding that had a balloon arch out of white balloons when you walked in and then some by the cake table, bar, gift table, and in the room they had for cocktail hour (it was an atrium attached to the banquet hall where there was  coat check rest rooms etc)  In the hall they had floral centerpeices at the tables.  It was really cool at night (as we still had the atrium area to use) as they got light up balloons. It did not look like a birthday party at all!

I (think) this is the site she used

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/whiteballoons2.html

I've thought about getting some of the light up balloons but keep going back and forth on it. We have a much smaller atrium for cocktail hour and the one big issue is if they book another wedding/group they have to walk thru the atrium to get to their hall and the shared bathrooms, not that i care if the potential other couple care or not, its just more people walking through that i don't know.
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, but I'm not a big fan of balloons as decorations.  They seem cheap and cheesy to me, more for casual birthday parties for kids.  Not something I think of as grown up or classy.

I'd rather see paper lanterns, or tissue paper pom-poms than balloons.
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I'm not a fan of balloons as decorations. They can be "cute", fun, whimsical, or colorful, but not something that says "grown up", sophisticated, or classy to me.

If you want something more casual that is bright, colorful, and contemporary, and YOU like them, then that is what really matters. Don't let what me or others think talk you into spending more or going with a look that doesn't reflect your personality.

Smile
  • kjan06kjan06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_balloons?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:9ef5d4ef-1ab8-411b-b0ef-39592f63e87dPost:73101829-2d0a-453c-9c8f-1d92d52fa8e5">Re: Balloons?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had the same thought as the PP but then went to a wedding at a country club where they had balloons there as the centerpeices and to be honest it looked lovely.  It was high up with a golf course view, white linens and the balloons were purple gold and i think ivory.   It definately was classy.  Another wedding that had a balloon arch out of white balloons when you walked in and then some by the cake table, bar, gift table, and in the room they had for cocktail hour (it was an atrium attached to the banquet hall where there was  coat check rest rooms etc)  In the hall they had floral centerpeices at the tables.  It was really cool at night (as we still had the atrium area to use) as they got light up balloons. It did not look like a birthday party at all! I (think) this is the site she used <a href="http://www.save-on-crafts.com/whiteballoons2.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.save-on-crafts.com/whiteballoons2.html</a> I've thought about getting some of the light up balloons but keep going back and forth on it. We have a much smaller atrium for cocktail hour and the one big issue is if they book another wedding/group they have to walk thru the atrium to get to their hall and the shared bathrooms, not that i care if the potential other couple care or not, its just more people walking through that i don't know.
    Posted by NicnJen01[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I will check out the site! It was just a random idea I got while browsing :] I'm just trying to decide if it will look okay with flowers as well. My mom thinks it's tacky, but of course I want more opinions :]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kjan06kjan06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_balloons?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:9ef5d4ef-1ab8-411b-b0ef-39592f63e87dPost:d79f56c6-3f2c-43d0-90a3-54efeb4e592d">Re: Balloons?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I'd rather see paper lanterns, or tissue paper pom-poms than balloons.
    Posted by Catwoman708[/QUOTE]

I like that better :] I was thnking of using the paper pom-poms. I love those and the lanterns. I'll have to Google some pictures.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kjan06kjan06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_balloons?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:9ef5d4ef-1ab8-411b-b0ef-39592f63e87dPost:ecb80d20-b91e-4651-be27-2210a24f76ef">Re: Balloons?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry, I'm not a fan of balloons as decorations. They can be "cute", fun, whimsical, or colorful, but not something that says "grown up", sophisticated, or classy to me. If you want something more casual that is bright, colorful, and contemporary, and YOU like them, then that is what really matters. Don't let what me or others think talk you into spending more or going with a look that doesn't reflect your personality.
    Posted by Catwoman708[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Yeah, one of my worries is that it will look childish (especially because my colors are hot pink and light pink). Someone suggested paper pom-poms and paper lanterns which I think would be better than balloons. Thank you for your reply :]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards