Flowers

Tipping florist?

Do I need to tip my florist if we are picking up the flowers (bouquets, corsages, boutennieres, flower girl petals)?

Re: Tipping florist?

• No.  Tipping is not a requirement for any vendor.  Also, your florist is already charging you labor in her estimate for what you are ordering.  However, if you really love what she did and feel that she put forth extra effort in making your bouquets then feel free to tip her what you think is fair.

• Thank you.  So it is not expected?
  • Any vendor who expects a tip is rude.  Tipping is a way to show your gratitude for a job that was not only exceptional but above and beyond what you paid for, but of course is not required.

I worked at a florist for over 8 years and not once did we ever get tipped or did I ever expect a tip.

• I never expect a tip.......however ,I have had quite a few brides be so happy with the service and product we provided that we have recieved them. The largest was $300.....yes $300. I treated everyone who worked on the wedding to a dinner. I have also been given gift cards.
    and.....I really appreciate the thought.
  • No need to tip the owner of any business, tipping the delivery person is a good idea however.
  • The company I work for as a floral designer does not allow tips, but nothing makes my day better than getting a quick thank you note and a picture of my brides on their big day! Everyone loves a compliment and it is great to have photos to add to your portfolio!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards