Flowers

Candles vs. Flowers

I'm getting married in 24 days! And I just saw where some bridesmaids were walking down the isle with candles, I think this is such a great idea. I was just wondering what people thought of this and if there's anyone who has actually done it?

Re: Candles vs. Flowers

• A friend was thwarted when she considered this idea.  Local fire codes did not allow open flames at her church.   Check the local code for the town where your ceremony will be to find out if that town allows open flames.
  • beautiful but they need to be inside glass... I think something like a little lantern would be gorgeous though... 

No church wants to clean up wax drippings, which is quite understandable.  And of course you would want to be sure the lighting was right to make them effective... but i love the idea.
  • 9 times out of 10, the candle will need to be inside glass (fire codes and all).  Also it is a lot safer for your BMs because if they were just carrying taper candles and trip they could easily burn themselves with the flame or the hot wax.

I really like the idea of small lanterns like PP suggested...could look really cute.

• flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    these are great ..IF.... you're getting married in the evening when it's dark. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards