Flowers

Do we really need boutineers?

Boutineers seem unnecessary and a bit over the top gaudy to me. Would it look weird if the groom and his guys did not have them? I'm not really concerned about the cost since they're pretty cheap... but if we don't really want them anyhow and they're not necessary, I'm more than happy to save the dollars. FI feels the same as I do at this point...

Opinions please!

Re: Do we really need boutineers?

• future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You don't have to have them.
  • unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you don't want them don't do them. but i think they are nice. maybe just do super simple one for your FI and not the other groomsmen. like a single rose. no other flowers or attachments.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with unplainjane. Sometimes something very simple is a very nice touch. But if you don't like them, don't do them. Have you asked your florist for rec's or pictures of what they might be able to do for you?
  • miah_23_ncbmiah_23_ncb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you both are in agreement who cares what any one else thinks maybe the florist can give you alternative ideas
  • edited December 2011
    Pocket squares can be a nice alterative to boutineers. 
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

If the guys are wearing suits or tuxes, it's customary to wear either a pocket square handkerchief or bout, but not both together.

Bouts are not necessary at all, so if you don't like them, go with the pocket squares.

• afloggieafloggie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using pocket squares that match the ties/vest that we are renting and I think they look very nice. We are on a budget so every penny counts and we like the pocket squares
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Colored pocket squares are a great alternative, especially if you're having bold colors that really stand out.  If you don't want bouts, don't have them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards