Flowers

Bluebonnet Bouquet

Can anyone help me. I live in Texas and I am getting married in March, so we want to have bluebonnets and yellow roses. I am having trouble finding a florist that sells or carries them.
We have researched it is not illegal to pick them, it is in the Texas sate law, so we are good.
But can anyone tell me of a florist they know who does them. We have heard of some in Austin, but I can not find them.

Re: Bluebonnet Bouquet

• future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might try your local board if you haven't already.
  • flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    blue bonnets will wilt out faster than you can say their name. An alternative would be light blue delphinium.
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I can't give you much hope of using fresh bluebonnets in your bouquet. You need some expert advice on whether you can even special order fresh bluebonnets, and if they would work well in a bouquet.

You might just have to Google every florist in your area and contact them to see if they can even get them, and ask for their recommendations.

And I wouldn't count on picking them either, March is a little early for bluebonnets to grow naturally.  Usually the earliest I see them growing wild is early April.

I think your best bet is to use silk bluebonnets, or substitue a different flower.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards