Flowers

Flower Ideas

We are having a summer wedding in August, and I need some help! Our wedding colors are a bright/light blue and lime green colors, but the problem is i don't know what color flowers or types of flowers to have. I haven't really found any pictures that I REALLY like or love. The bridesmaid dresses are going to be the blue color, and the bouquets wont be used for the table centerpieces. If you have any ideas on what colors would look good that would be awesome. Any pictures, or websites would be great too!

Re: Flower Ideas

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    You can always add in an accent color like pink or yellow.  This will provide a larger variety of flowers to choose from.  It is perfectly fine to add in accent colors and not use them in every little detail of your wedding...hence why they are called accents :)

In my opinion I would use yellow because I think it would be really pretty with your color scheme.

• edited December 2011
    just my thoughts...if you are on a budget...a lot of florists will give a deeper discount on those willow branches because they reuse them all the time, unlike flowers.
  • edited December 2011
    Go to your local paint shop (hardware store)... grab you some paint swatches... that's a great way to see what works and what YOU like!!! A good florist will and can make ANY colors work ... that's their job! They will show you how!!!  Shades of blue (light and dark) work well with lime green and shades of purples.  The ides of shades of blue w/ lime and pink and yellow would be divine!!! I think blues/limes/and oranges could also be killer!! Best of Luck!!!  
  • edited December 2011
    Baby blue hydrangeas would work wonderfully! Please welcome Tulips!!! They will be readily available in Spring and amazing.  You could throw a splash of lime green Kermit mums into the mix.  Of course roses would be year round.  If you wanted to get a little more exotic ... cymbidium orchids in lime green!  Have fun with your table arrangements or even your bouquets.. throw in some limes! Check with your local Florist to look through some of their flower books... they can guide you showing you availability, durability. You are going to be so surprised! You'll have millions of choices!! Have fun!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards