Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Help! Outdoor wedding venue

We need help looking for a venue relatively close to Dallas (prefer to be less than an hour away)

We want an outdoor ceremony and reception at the same location – 130 to 150 guests

Most places WE LIKE are approx 20K, for: venue, food, and alcohol

We’d love to find something tasteful, elegant and reasonably priced… somewhere in between modern and rustic. Most everything less expensive is either out dated, Victorian or Texas/Country style.

I’d also prefer fall 2013: Saturday evening in late Sep, Oct, or early Nov (avoid extreme heat or cold)

I liked Winfrey Point and Filter Building – but these seem to book WAY in advance

I LOVED Marie Gabrielle but its more than we’d like to spend

My favorite is Mercury Hall in Austin – and can’t seem to find anything like it in Dallas

Any help is appreciated!

Re: Help! Outdoor wedding venue

• You can look on the Filter Building's website for their availability calendar. When I booked my date it was marked as booked within a week.
    I absolutely loved the FB, and all my guests raved about how different it was.
    http://www.thefilterbuilding.com/availability/

It does look like most of the Saturdays that you mentioned are booked, though.
  • Hmmm, yes Filter Building comes to mind.  Maybe some others to look at based on those you mention would be:  Fairy Tale Manor (Frisco), Texas Discovery Gardens at Fair Park, Hickory Street Annex.  I would at least check with the Filter Building--can't hurt to try.
  • I got married at La Buena Vida, which is a "winery" in downtown Grapevine. Both our ceremony and reception were held there, and outside. Let me know if you'd be interested and I can send links to pics. The do book Jonas well, but you might still be okay...
  • gmg75241gmg75241 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Texas Discovery Gardens was cheap when I looked into them. They have all inclusive packages also. Their highest package was about 10k that included decor, food, bride and groom cakes, alcohol, etc and then you could pick and choose what you want in your package. You can have your own vendors if you want. The fountain area is really pretty and costs about 2k to rent and then the ballroom was $500 if I remember correctly. I didnt go with them because  Im too scared of Texas weather.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Another La Buena Vida bride (Oct. 1, 2011). Beautiful location if you're looking for something different. I think the entire wedding from dress to food to very yummy wine cost about $25K, but you could do it for less. It's all outdoors and we fit 135 guest very comfortably. I don't think it goes over 145-150 though. They do have a tent option for an extra $1,500 if it looks like bad weather.

I also looked at Texas Discovery Gardens, but they don't book events during the fair, but it would be a good option too. Good luck!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_help-outdoor-wedding-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:5250651b-cc22-43aa-9cb5-e33e1b592f76Post:6787e2bd-09b8-47ad-bdad-f03a43db2cf4">Re: Help! Outdoor wedding venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got married at La Buena Vida, which is a "winery" in downtown Grapevine. Both our ceremony and reception were held there, and outside. Let me know if you'd be interested and I can send links to pics. The do book Jonas well, but you might still be okay...
    Posted by winechic25[/QUOTE]
  • Have you looked in ElmWood Gardens. The garden ceremony are is gorgeous!

Elmwood Gardens

• ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Have you considered Hickory Street Annex? It seems like it has the look that you're going for, and the outdoor ceremony space. CLICKY

Another one that we looked at and loved was the Trinity River Audubon Center. It has sort of a museumy feel to the inside, and the outside has a little pond and gorgeous natural surroundings. CLICKY

We've had previous knotties use both of those venues.

ETA: You might also like The Cotton Mill in McKinney, but I'm not sure if it would be too rustic for your tastes...
    Anniversary
  • The Arboretum Camp House is GORGEOUS (you can use the camp house lawn for your reception). 
    I second Texas Discovery Gardens. 
    Paradise Cove in Southlake

• Have you checked out the Cotton Mill in Mckinney.  It is a great outdoor/indoor space. 
     Also, if Ft Worth isn't too far, check out Los Vaqueros in the Stockyards. I promise it isn't to Texan or Country even though it is in the Stockyards. 
  • Agree with Amanda, Paridise Cove is great! We would have used it if they had outdoor space for the reception. Their ceremony space is beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards