Flowers

Champagne bridesmaids dresses-which color flowers?

Hello,
I'm trying to figure out which flowers/flower colors would go well with my wedding colors. My bridesmaids dresses are champagne with a black sash. My dress is an off-white with a champagne sash. My main colors will be black and champagne, but I'm trying to figure out an accent color to give it a little pop. And I'd like that accent color to be in my bouquets. I haven't seen a champagne/black wedding in person before but I've heard that green, purple and pink make a good accent.

Any thoughts and/or advice would be great! :)

Thank you!

Re: Champagne bridesmaids dresses-which color flowers?

• soozy87soozy87 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I bet all of those colors would be nice. I would vote pink as the main color, or maybe shades of pink.

~May 21,2011~
  • edited December 2011
    All of those colours would be beautiful.

I love your choice of palette and the best part is - it's very neutral so it leaves you open to whatever you desire. Just pick the flowers you like best! Consider what's in season around that time. Maybe focus on a specific type of flower you love and that will help you choose the colour you like best. For example, if you love peonies, cream, fuscia or pale pink would be your best options. If you have a thing for lilacs, you're pretty much limited to purple or white...

Consider incorporating black calla lilies. They are stunning (really more deep purple than black) and I think they will look great with your dresses. Combine them with something more subtle like whites/creams and maybe some pinks!

Avoid tons and tons of green as your main accent with champagne. Depending upon the shade/fabric of the dresses, it could be a less than ideal combination.
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have a thing for lilacs, you're pretty much limited to purple or white.
    Posted by gananoque[/QUOTE]
    Lilacs are also available in burgundy, pink, and yellow. 
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Your color palette is neutral so you can use almost any color/colors for your flowers. What is your favorite color?  What is your FI favortie color?  Think of colors you like and then use them.

• jerzmom114jerzmom114 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the same basic color scheme as you are..my dress is ivory with cafe trim ( alfred angelo color, a shade darker then champagne) ..and my bm's are in black dresses with cafe sashes ( moh is the opposite). Our bouquets are fairly simple, mine is white hydrangeas with hot pink roses and ranunculus scattered throughout. The bm's are large bushels of hot pink hydrangeas. MOH is the same, but with paler pink ranunuculus scattered throughout. (all are hand tied ). Since your bm's dress color is slightly on the paler side, I would go with a more of a pop of color with something more vibrant. (my second choice was purple). Good luck :)
  • jerzmom114jerzmom114 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    here is my inspiration for our flowers just to give you a visual :)

• kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I think a deep red looks stunning with champagne and black! A very dramatic look, if you're into that...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards