Flowers

HELP: Do you get to see a "mock" setup before wedding?

Excuse my no idea-ness, but we went to our florist last night to meet with her for the first time for our 9/2013 wedding.  She is an independant florist and works from her home.  She is going to send me a quote later this week, but how does it work with florists?

Do you usually get a sample of how she plans on doing the flowers before, or just go off of her portfolio and verbal?  This is prob a question for her, but her email addy is at home and I was curious now :)

TIA!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: HELP: Do you get to see a "mock" setup before wedding?

• dogsandfrogsdogsandfrogs member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Most florists will not do any sort of mockup, just because it would be so expensive to do.  If you really want to see what something will look like, you could ask her to make one, but you will have to pay for it (and the cost will be the same as for the actual pieces).

I had a hard time with this since I'm a perfectionist and had an exact picture in my head of what I wanted my bouquet to look like, and I was teriffied that I hadn't given her enough information to go off of, but it really came out beautifully and better than I could have asked for.  If you're happy enough with her portfolio work and the communication between you, I'd say you'll be fine just trusting her to interpret what you've told her and make the pieces you want.
  • I agree with PP. Our florist said she'd do a mock-up of our centerpieces, but they only have 1 kind of flower. For everything else, we go off of pictures from her portfolio.
  • egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    My florist ordered some of each of the flowers she was planning on using and I went into her shop and she arranged the look she was going for (just in her hand).  That way I could see the exact flowers/colors and she was able to include those stems in other arrangements for people who walk in wanting a bouquet of flowers or arrangement.
  • Alright thanks girls!

I really just had no idea!  She mentioned that she keeps a list of types of flowers each bride wants to use and goes through it before other weddings to invite them to the venue to see them IRL.  Hopefully that will happen for me!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had a mockup of my centerpieces done, but I had to pay for it--the cost of the centerpiece.  But to me it was worth it to see if I liked them and to know if I needed to make any changes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards